feedback
Home

University Accreditation


Brigham Young University—Hawaii was established as the Church College of Hawaii in 1955. An accreditation visit from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) resulted in the Church College of Hawaii obtaining full accreditation as a two-year college in October 1959 and then full accreditation as a four-year institution in February 1961. Further reaccreditations were received in January 1964, May 1968, and June 1972.

In 1974 the Church College of Hawaii would become Brigham Young University Hawaii, and BYU—Hawaii received a reaffirmation of accreditation from the Accrediting Commission for Senior colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges in June 1976 and June 1981. This reaccreditation as reaffirmed again in 1986, 1996, and 2008.

WASC is located at 985 Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501 (phone: (510) 748-9001 or url: www.wascsenior.org)

The University is currently preparing for the next accreditation cycle >> Learn more at http://accreditation.byuh.edu/