(HTM 375) Lodging Operations
Organizational structure and front office positions. Reservation, registration and rooming process; management, financial, and policy control procedures; evolving hotel management technology. Also organization, staffing, functions of housekeeping departments.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Develop an intuitive understanding based on the familiar flow of the hotel guest’s experience.
- Gain broad insight into all aspects of the industry.
- Identify and understand hospitality trends.
- Enrich their knowledge through multiple opportunities and exploration.
- Acquire critical thinking skills while connecting theory to the day-to-day realities of the hospitality industry.
- Understand the industry’s interdependence with other industries.
- Define and explain industry terminology.
- Garner a working understanding of a property management system and other forms of technology.
- Recognize and understand non-traditional accommodations and the impact they have on the lodging sector of the industry.
- Become acquainted with hotel performance measures and have an opportunity to earn the Certified Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA) certification.