(IS 435) Advanced Concepts in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
Students learn advanced concepts related to enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as data warehousing, business intelligence and business process management. Students will complete several hands-on exercises using the SAP ERP system and other related software tools.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
1. Explain what business intelligence is and how organizations use it for decision-making.
2. Explain what a data warehouse is and how data warehouses are used by organizations.
3. Explain which software tools can be used for business intelligence and data analytics applications.
4. Use ERPsim with fellow students to simulate the management of a manufacturing organization.
5. Interact with advanced features of SAP such as Crystal Reports, SAP Lumira, and SAP Dashboards.
6. Interact with Microsoft Excel in the creation of pivot tables and charts.
7. Interact with Tableau Desktop software to create workbooks and dashboards for data analysis.
8. Explain how business processes are used in ERP systems in this course.