(EXS 341) Biomechanics
Anatomical and mechanical analysis of motion in relation to human performance.
1. The student will demonstrate an understanding and application of biomechanical components, principles, language and terms.
2. The student will be capable of demonstrating the understanding of kinematics– the study of motion without consideration for what is causing the motion and kinetics -the study of the forces that cause motion.
3. The student will be capable of applying Newton’s three laws of motion to describe biomechanics.
4. The student will be capable of using trigonometry to determine movement and flights of objects.
5. The student will be able to list the steps of analyzing movement and properly utilize hierarchical modeling in breaking down movement patterns.
6. The student will use their knowledge of biomechanics to improve physical performance.
7. The student will be able to list the steps involved in determining the cause of a movement dysfunction and utilize it to reduce injuries.