Coaching Fundamentals in Selected Sports (EXS 369R)
Section 1 focuses on the qualities of a coach, role of a coach, coaching philosophy, sports psychology and recruiting. Section 2 offers selected sports.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Educate and mentor players to be successful.
- Experience hearing from current professional coaches.
- See the importance of having a philosophy and vision and will use this course to improve their coaching skills.
- Learn how to set up and follow through with rules and guidelines use in specific sports.
- Introduce the basic principles of Coaching.
- Teach habits that will lead to successful coaching.
- Educate students on coaching styles.
- Experience hands-on activities that improve coaching skills.