(ENGL 318) Advanced Creative Writing
Offers advanced students an opportunity to refine their skills and expand their knowledge of editing and publication. Students in spring will focus in the writing of poetry.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Programs||English (BA), English Education (BA), Creative Writing Minor, Theatre Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
Each student who passes this course will be able to do the following:
- Read, understand and appreciate a range of works in one or two genres of creative writing (fiction, and/or poetry, and/or creative nonfiction).
- Demonstrate a basic awareness and understanding of the history, evolution, and cultural significance of the genre or genres studied in class.
- Produce original work in one or two genres (poetry, and/or fiction, and/or creative nonfiction) that incorporate techniques and principles from class readings and examples.
- Demonstrate an increased willingness and ability to revise their writing toward excellence, and a capacity to recognize and utilize valuable feedback from readers.
- Provide thoughtful and useful observations and critiques of other people’s creative writing.