(MATH 334) Differential Equations
Methods used in solving ordinary differential equations and their applications. Numerical methods, series solutions, and Laplace Transforms.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Winter - even years, Spring - odd years|
1. Students need this proficiency to understand problems and proofs.
2. Calculus is essential to success in this class.
3. Content knowledge will be expanded; definitions and theorems are key to understanding calculus and how they help us develop a living knowledge of mathematics.
4. Demonstration of steps in a logical and coherent manner is expected.
5. Students must be able to write solutions in a logical and cohesive manner; likewise, oral explanations are very important for the successful student.
6. Students should have a good knowledge of calculator use, as well as desktop software for writing mathematics.
7. While the course minimally prepares students for employment or graduate school, it enables students to begin their journey in their decision for graduate school, employment, or other decisions.