(SPED 300) Education of Exceptional Students
Overview of the history and development of special education including causes, identification, characteristics, and interventions of various exceptionalities.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
- This course is designed to deepen your knowledge and understanding of—
• The history of how societies have dealt with persons with disabilities,
• The laws that govern special education.
- This course is designed to increase your ability to—
• Recognize the instructional needs of individuals with disabilities,
• Collaborate with other educators to help those with disabilities attain specified learning goals.
- This course is designed to help you develop a disposition to—
• Resist ableism, to respect, and to love those with disabilities,
• Help others to resist ableism, to respect, and to love those with disabilities,
• Have confidence that those with disabilities to reach their full potential as children of God.