(ENGL 372) English Literature from 1500 to 1660: The Renaissance Period
English drama, poetry, and prose of the Renaissance period, including Milton but excluding Shakespeare.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Show the ability to appreciate and analyze poetic language.
- Be able to take the lead in a literary discussion. Demonstrate careful reading and reflection on key questions.
- Demonstrate the ability to comment on what makes sources reliable, identify authorities, assimilate research, and create a cogent response.
- Create essays with a focused argument and cogent support from the text.
- Be able to identify key themes for discussion and respond thoughtfully to classmates' comments.
- Explore a significant issue in a literary work with solid use of sources.
- Take a productive role in group work and develop a thoughtful response to cultural issues.