(MATH 311) Introduction to Numerical Methods
Interpolation, curve fitting, numerical differentiation and integration, and numerical solutions to linear, non-linear and differential systems.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
1. Students need this proficiency to understand problems and proofs.
2. Content knowledge will be expanded; definitions and theorems are key to understanding calculus and how they help us develop a living knowledge of mathematics.
3. Everywhere in the course. Each assignment is key in developing these skills in students.
4. Students must be able to write solutions in a logical and cohesive manner; likewise, oral explanations are very important for the successful student.
5. Students should have a good knowledge of calculator use, as well as desktop software for writing mathematics.
6. While the course minimally prepares students for employment or graduate school, it enables students to begin their journey in their decision for graduate school, employment, or other decisions.