(IPB 455) Advanced Mediation
This course will build upon the mediation skills taught in IPB 400 and give students advanced theory and practice in mediation along with a framework to build your own mediation practice.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand the philosophy behind narrative mediation.
- Develop advanced skills in narrative mediation including multi-party mediation, intercultural mediation, peer mediation and protracted problem solving.
- Learn how to develop and execute mediation train-the-trainer programs.
- Create a sustainable mediation practice upon graduation.
- Develop the confidence and ability to see how we each, individually, can fulfill President McKay’s prophecy on being an influence for peace internationally by applying them to our faith.