Leadership and Management (BUSM 310)
Fundamentals of management emphasizing organizational leadership, human resource management, and teamwork. Topics include motivation, organizational structures, multicultural environments, decision-making, corporate responsibility, and organizational change.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||BUSM 180 with a C- or better and BUSM 320|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain leadership and management principles and understand the leadership and management concepts, theories, functions, and elements.
- Continue to build on and use technology to further one's understanding, learn new tools such as Twitter, Prezi, simulation, etc.
- Know what form of management analysis or tool is useful and capable of using complex tools to identify problems and analyze causes.
- Communicate effectively the results and recommendations and facilitate team meetings and projects to present and train in a virtual environment.
- Facilitate and report personal and team performance.