(COMM 420) Media and Culture
The study of mass communication’s role in the creation and maintenance of culture within global, social, political, and economic contexts.
- Think critically.
- Utilize high literacy toward issues of media and culture.
- Appreciate different perspectives and effectively manage various, sometimes conflicting opinions.
- Articulate and sustain viewpoints and arguments through class participation, leading discussion, group projects, and writing assignments.
- Conduct empirical research on media cultural studies.
- Prepare themselves for senior seminar, graduate studies, or careers in communication/media related fields.