(ECON 353) Money, Banking, and Business
An introduction to monetary and banking systems with emphasis on the role of money and financial institutions, the determinants of money supply, and the relationship of money to economic activity.
1. Becoming familiar with the vocabulary and the process of financial intermediation
2. Learning to access and interpret macroeconomic and financial information
3. Understanding how money and capital markets price financial assets
4. Learning to anticipate the business cycle by following key economic indicators and variables
5. Understanding the financial market and its players
6. Understanding how monetary policy works and appreciate its impact on you, other individuals, firms and the economy