(ELED 378) Music Methods for Elementary Teachers
Introduction to fundamentals of music theory, developing the child’s voice, establishing a classroom environment for musical development with emphasis on appropriate musical experiences, resources, and teaching strategies.
|Credit Hours||1.0 Lecture|
1. Development of functional musical skills through understanding the basic elements of music and musicianship.
2. Understanding of curriculum and lesson planning for integrating various content areas with music instruction.
3. Technical skill in planning and presenting lessons:
- personal music skill must match lesson
- include appropriate standards
- must follow commonly used formats
- must present smoothly
- materials must match lesson
4. Isolate, identify, define, and teach elements of music according to state standards.
5. Evaluate materials in planning teaching strategies.
6. Design classroom strategies that cultivate music literacy in children.
7. Use various classroom instruments, as well as your voice, as tools for teaching.