(BUSM 467) Staffing, Compensation, & Benefits
Addresses system wide applications to assess, develop, improve, and strengthen strategies, processes, and structures to achieve organizational effectiveness in constantly changing organizational environment. Additional topics include: nature of change, roles associated with leading and managing change, issues of organizational culture, design models, and organizational behavior challenges.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop skills in the following:
Management and Leadership Development
- Lead business and change efforts by planning, implementing and evaluating projects.
- Exercise leadership skills regardless of formal organizational role.
- Integrate quantitative techniques in strategic planning, decision making, human resource management, etc.
- Collaborate effectively in teams.
- Communicate appropriately in a multicultural setting.
- Recognize own strengths and weaknesses as a manager, leader, and member of a team or organization.
- Set own development goals and embrace learning.
- Demonstrate an ability to make socially responsible decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate ethical dilemmas and make proper judgments about them.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and articulate beliefs.
- Demonstrate competence in reading, analysis, interpretation, and communication in oral and written forms.
- Demonstrate the ability to use concrete experience, theory, and reflection as a source of learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze information and its use in effective problem solving and decision-making.