(EXS 349) Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
Treatment and care of common athletic injuries. Instructor’s permission needed. Fee required.
- The learner identifies significant functional anatomical structures and movements in recognizing common sport injuries and conditions.
- The learner demonstrates a working knowledge of kinesiology as it affects body mechanics in skills performances (efficiency), rehabilitation/prevention design and identify common mechanisms of injuries.
- The learner implementing basic concepts of treatment and rehabilitation plan by applying the basic knowledge of exercise & human physiology on how the body response to injury.
- The learner develops a philosophy and practice of PREPAREDNESS. This will include prevention (emergency plan, pre-participation screening) and care (emergency care, basic assessment and follow up home care).
- The learner demonstrates appropriate selection and application of tape and wraps technique in various situations.
- The learner thinks critically and examine the basis of prevention and care of athletic injuries.