Certificate in Emergency Management
Hours - 15 Credit Hours
Effective Sep. 2021
Last Revision 9/19/2022
Holokai Category: Professional Studies
Sponsoring Program: Political Science
Faculty Unit Assignment: Faculty of Business & Government
Core Requirements — 6 Credits
Electives (Choose three) — 9 Credits
Additional Program Requirements
Double-counting is managed with your advisor.
All passing grades will be accepted in fulfilling minor or certificate requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing a major in political science, students will:
- Write an effective research paper using professional formats;
- Write an effective persuasive/analytical essay/report;
- Demonstrate competence using logical/analytical skills;
- Demonstrate an understanding of political philosophy/theory;
- Demonstrate the critical reading skills needed to engage professional journals/monographs;
- Demonstrate content mastery in international relations, law, U.S. government, Asia/Pacific, or public management;
- Conduct an effective oral presentation;
- Complete a meaningful internship or capstone paper.