(HTM 255) Property Management and the Guest Experience
A study of hotel physical facilities and systems and their contribution to the total guest experience. Stresses the utilization of maintenance personnel for efficient operation. Property atmospherics and security are analyzed.
1. Understand the importance of facilities management.
2. Be familiar with the different components of facilities management such as heating/cooling, structure, electrical, lighting, plumbing, safety/security, etc.
3. Be able to interact knowledgeably with facility designers, construction professionals, and maintenance personnel.
4. Understand what constitutes good hospitality design in regards to facilities management.
5. Recognize the application of facilities management to their own personal dwellings and surroundings.
6. Gain a greater appreciation of how facilities management can impact the environment both in positive and negative ways.
7. Apply their knowledge to complex issues and problems in facilities management.