(BIOL 303) Vertebrate Zoology
A comparative study of the evolution, classification, morphology, natural history, anatomy, and physiology of vertebrates.
- Provide an introduction to the evolution, classification, natural history, morphology, anatomy and physiology of the protochordates and vertebrates.
- Note the physical parameters that have influenced the evolutionary history of each group (Class) of vertebrate.
- Note the diagnostic traits of each Class and how these traits have shaped the evolutionary history of the group.
- Using selected species as examples, note some aspects of their life history.
- Despite their great differences in appearance, note the traits that demonstrate the common relatedness of all vertebrates.