(EIL 313) Academic English I Listening/Speaking
Students develop general academic English proficiency by focusing on listening and speaking in academic content areas.
|Credit Hours||4.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
- Read and process academic texts efficiently, noting length, complexity, and time constraints. Practice annotating readings for better understanding and recall.
- Listen to and process academic discourse (e.g. lectures, presentations, videos, each other, etc.)
- Participate orally in both whole-class and small-group settings. Make recordings. Visit a Speaking Tutor. Give individual oral presentations.
- Write notes and summaries of readings and lectures. Incorporate source materials into your writing and critical response essays.
- Learn new words, word families, and collocations.
- Visit with a Grammar Tutor every week to review select writings.
- Your honesty will be called upon as you self-report some of your activities on Canvas