Advanced Dance (EXS 289R)
Advanced dance techniques including factors of composition, music, costumes, etc.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Improve technique with respect to turns, jumps, timing and the proper degree of force used to be measured in mid-term and final.
- Improvise dances from a wide range of music, such as Latin, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, Hawaiian.
- Know the basic components of choreography, such as transition, unity, variety, repetition, and originality to name a few.
- Common choreographic forms will also be learned, such as AB, Suite, Rondo, Narrative and Collage.
- Technical dance terms will also be studied and learned, such as pirouette, adage, soubresaut, sissone and pas de chat.
- Designing a performance for the stage will be learned with an emphasis on a complete organizational plan that takes into account printed program, lighting design, costume design, stage design and desired emotional response from the audience.