(ANTH 470) Language Documentation and Conservation
Introduction to basic principles of linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, and syntax) in the context of language documentation. Language vitality, methods of language documentation, proper data management principles for language documentation, methods of language conservation.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Think, read, and write critically.
- Perform language documentary research and conduct interviews.
- Understand basics of language morphology, syntax, phonology, and phonetics.
- Apply language documentation, conservation, maintenance, and revitalization methods and practices.
- Learn technologies and their applications for language documentation and conservation.
- Learn ethics and principles of proper data management practices.