(ART 337) Art Methods for Secondary Teachers
Methods, materials, and special techniques of teaching art in secondary schools. Curriculum planning, classroom management, and directions in art education will be considered.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
1. Understand the relationship between children's art and their mental and emotional growth.
2. Recognize the value of the creative process rather than procedures or a finished product.
3. Gain knowledge and experience in a variety of creative projects that can be used in the school situation.
4. Accumulate a booklet of lesson plans with samples and creative ideas to help begin your career.
5. Understand the DBAE and NAEA core standards and disciplines to each classroom