(SSAC 180) Beginning Social & Ballroom Dance
Course designed for students wanting to learn the basic skill of dancing in waltz, cha-cha, and other ball room dancing skills.
|Credit Hours||1.0 Lecture|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct posture, rhythm, and position for six Ballroom Dances.
- Identify and demonstrate three dance positions.
- Demonstrate the male leading and female following techniques respectively.
- Demonstrate the basic step for the Waltz, Fox Trot, Swing, Cha-cha, and Tango.
- Demonstrate three(3) additional steps for the Waltz, Swing, Cha-cha, and Tango.
- Identify and demonstrate three dance styles: American, European, and Latin.
- Demonstrate in a team dance exhibition a ballroom dance choreographed by the student team.