(IT 480) Computer Network Design
Networking of computers and configuration of managed networking equipment including switches and routers.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up and configure a network switch.
- Configure TCP/IP settings on a switch
- Configure VLANs on a switch
- Configure inter-VLAN routing
- Configure spanning trees on switches.
- Configure security settings on a switch.
- Configure ether channel on a switch.
- Set up and configure a network router.
- Configure router interfaces.
- Implement IP routing.
- Configure OSPF routing
- Configure EIGRP routing.
- Configure access control lists on a router.
- Configure frame relay on a router.
- Configure network address translation on a router.
- Configure DHCP service on a router.