(CRMJ 371) Criminal Investigation and Criminology
Explores the techniques, methods, science, and system by which criminal investigations are handled and presented to the courts.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking within the context of a criminal investigation.
- Understand the goals of the criminal investigation process.
- Recognize the different methods of collecting evidence.
- Understand the causes for criminal behavior.
- Understand the methods of collecting evidence from a crime scene.
- Understand the court presentation of evidence.
- Have the ability to conduct an interview.
- Understand the principles guiding the conduct of interrogations.
- Be able to write a comprehensive case report.
- Understand the resources available dependent on the nature of the crime.