(EIL 335) English Pronunciation
Students learn to correct pronunciation errors that interfere with communication.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisite||Permission of Instructor|
- Reading is not a focus of this course.
- We will analyze General Conference talks, Devotional talks, students’ oral presentations, individual recordings, etc. and respond in group and class discussions about demonstrated segmental and suprasegmental elements present.
- All class assignments and activities focus on developing comfortable intelligibility in using NAE segments and suprasegmentals.
- Writing is not a focus of this course.
- Academic discussions in class will provide opportunities to learn and use academic words.
- Academic discussions in class will provide some grammar points to help you share ideas better.
- The purpose of this class is to help you achieve your English and academic goals—specifically pronunciation. You should be able to apply what you learn in this class to many situations in your future studies and life.