(EXS 333) Principles of Strength Training and Conditioning
This course provides an overview of the fundamentals of strength and conditioning. This includes the basic knowledge and application of the principles of exercise sciences including physiology of exercise, motor learning, bio mechanics, exercise testing and prescription and nutrition.The learner is expected to perform and teach proper strength training exercise technique and conduct appropriate testing of strength training exercises. The learner will have the knowledge to develop strength training and conditioning programs.Additionally, this course lays the foundation for the nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification exams.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
Course Learning Outcomes
Each student who passes this course will demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Know and apply scientific principles of strength and conditioning to properly train individuals to improve physical performance and fitness.
- Know, demonstrate and teach proper exercise techniques.
- Know and conduct specific exercise testing.
- Create effective strength and conditioning programs and evaluate program design and effectiveness.
- Apply and teach exercise prescription principles for training variation, injury prevention, and reconditioning.
- Know and provide guidance regarding nutrition and performance-enhancing substances.