(COMM 110) Intercultural Communication
Designed to give students a broad introduction to the field of communication in a global information society. Explores the central role of intercultural communication for individuals and societies.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
1. Understand intercultural communication theories and key concepts.
2. Identify cultural practices in various parts of the world.
3. Appreciate different perspectives and effectively manage different/conflicting opinions.
4. Articulate and sustain viewpoints and arguments through writing assignments, class discussion and group projects.
5. Learn to conduct an empirical research by critically evaluating and utilizing secondary sources and systematically collecting and effectively analyzing primary data.