(EIL 219) Intermediate I Reading
Builds comprehension of simple texts through the study of reading and vocabulary strategies; develops the ability to respond to texts in writing. Fee required.
|Credit Hours||4.0 Lecture|
1. Students will correctly understand the meanings of complex grammatical structures in academic texts.
2. Students will correctly understand the meanings of complex grammatical structures in formal and interactional contexts.
3. Students will correctly produce complex grammatical forms in both formal and interactional academic contexts (such as in presentations, class discussions, etc.)
4. Students will correctly produce complex grammatical forms in appropriate academic writing tasks.
5. Students will increase competency in using academic vocabulary as it relates to grammar.
6. Students will increase recognition and use of complex grammatical patterns in academic contexts.
7. Develop strategies for vocabulary learning which increases reading speed and comprehension in academic texts.