(EIL 217) Intermediate I Writing
Focuses on writing from sources mainly at the paragraph level; develops fundamental English grammar including verb tenses and sentence structure patterns and their components.
|Credit Hours||4.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
• Use information from reading sources in your writing.
• Use information from listening sources in your writing.
• Summarize notes or writing drafts in speed conversations with a partner.
• Revise your work by discussing your writing with a tutor or teacher.
• Write academic papers
• Complete vocabulary questions in unit tests.
• Employ academic and topic-specific vocabulary in writing.
• Complete grammar questions in unit tests.
• Identify grammatical phrases that accomplish particular acts.
• Use appropriate grammatical phrases in written work.
- Learner Autonomy:
• Make use of additional resources (including tutors, books, websites) to target individualized language learning needs
• Visit regularly with tutors to evaluate personal language learning goals and progress.
• Respond to metacognitive reflection questions about personal language learning activities throughout the semester.