(EIL 225) Intermediate II Church Language
Provides reinforcement and practice in writing, reading, and listening/speaking skills through the study of the teachings and examples of latter-day Church members and leaders.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
• Be able to identify main ideas and specific details in reading materials
• Be able to identify main ideas and specific details from listening activities such as lectures, talks (live or video), class, and small group discussions.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate with increasing clarity in speaking.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate with increasing clarity in writing.
• Be able to correctly use vocabulary associated with gospel topics in writing and speaking.
• Communicate with increasing clarity in writing and speaking by using appropriate organization patterns and monitoring for grammar and pronunciation errors although errors may still be present.
- Learner Autonomy:
• Express understanding and appreciation for the growth of the Church (i.e. missionary work, pioneer converts, translation work...) under different prophets in the Church and in their collective regions.
• Show appreciation for the common goals, desires, and beliefs that they share with other students from different countries and cultures.