(ACCT 201) Introduction to Financial Accounting
Includes business transactions, financial statements, uses of financial information, and international coverage. Corporations are emphasized, but partnerships and proprietorships are also covered.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
1. Core accounting knowledge is the primary focus of this course. General business principles are the context in which we discuss the core accounting knowledge.
2. Submission of homework and required projects.
3. Students will be taught the valuable role of assurance that CPAs provide.
4. Students will complete a large work-out problem of the accounting cycle.
5. Use of financial formulas in spreadsheets. Use of Word and Excel to complete assignments.
6. Students are required to watch videos and take assessment quizzes on the core accounting concepts BEFORE they attend virtual classes.