Introduction to Piano Pedagogy (MUSC 333)
An introduction to the profession of piano teaching. The methodology of piano teaching from the beginning to early advanced levels.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisites||MUSC 112/L and acceptance into MUSC 360R|
|Offered||Winter - odd years|
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discern intervallic and rhythmic relationships in selected teaching pieces.
- Learn how to guide beginning students through various stages of technical development
- Diagnose problems and make recommendations for change
- Model the performance of teaching pieces.
- Teach a young student in the winter.