(MUSC 333) Introduction to Piano Pedagogy
An introduction to the profession of piano teaching. The methodology of piano teaching from the beginning to early advanced levels.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discern intervallic and rhythmic relationships in selected teaching pieces.
- Learn how to guide beginning students through various stages of technical development
- Diagnose problems and make recommendations for change
- Model the performance of teaching pieces.
- Teach a young student in the winter.