(SSAC 174R) Jogging
A course designed for those wanting to maintain an aerobic-based program using jogging as the basis for maintaining aerobic fitness.
|Credit Hours||1.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how to assess personal physical fitness, create a personal exercise program and perform and evaluate personal fitness activities. (Related Assessments: Pre and post 1.5 miles run fitness test, pre and post 5.1 aerobic run, fitness journal)
- Understand the proper mechanics of walking, jogging, and/or running
- Determine their current training level and learn how to increase the training level over time.
- Understand healthy nutrition choices, weight management skills, stress management skills. (Related Assessments: fitness journal, nutrition log)
- Understand and incorporate a healthy lifestyle approach and relevant fitness and wellness issues. (Related Assessments: reading evaluations, group discussion)