(LING 423) Language Acquisition
An examination of psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic aspects of first and second language learning and of the research regarding second language education.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Prerequisite||TESOL 310, should be taken during senior year|
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the major theories regarding L1 and L2 acquisition/learning.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of learner differences, and the qualities and strategies of effective language learners.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the psycholinguistic/cognitive variables which impact lang. learning
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the socio-cultural variables which affect language learning and use.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the role of culture and cross-cultural awareness/competence in language learning/teaching.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the larger sociopolitical environments which impact language learning/teaching.