Joseph F. Smith Library
Phone: (808) 675-3876
- Aldrich, Michael, Library Director (2011); B.S. 1996, Brigham Young University; M.L.I.S. 1997, Louisiana State University; M.P.A. 2000, State University of West Georgia.
- Bopp, Gailyn, University Archivist; University Archives (2020) B.S. 2002, Brigham Young University–Hawaii; M.L.I.S.C. 2016, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Chew, Marynelle, Associate Librarian; Head of Acquisitions (1982); B.A. 1981, Brigham Young University; M.L.S. 1982, Brigham Young University.
- DeMartini, Becky, Assistant Librarian Head, Information and Instructional Services (2006) B.S. 2001, Brigham Young University–Hawaii; M.L. I. S. 2005, University of Hawaii.
- Falevai, Zoia, Assistant Librarian; Information and Instructional Services (2015) B.A. 2004, Brigham Young University–Hawaii; M.L.I.S.C 2013, University of Hawaii-Manoa.
- Marshall, Justin, Assistant Librarian; Library Systems (2015) B.S. 1995, Brigham Young University–Hawaii: M.S. 2006, University of Illinois-Springfield; Ph.D 2015, Florida State University.
Frandsen, Rex (1968-2008)
Haderlie, Brooks (2017-2021)
Moffat, Riley (1987-2014)
Smith, Phillip C. (1972-2005)
Versteeg, Betty (1995-2002)
The Joseph F. Smith Library is a key resource for students and faculty at BYU–Hawaii. There are three important ways that the library contributes to the mission of the university: by providing an environment that fosters study and scholarship, by providing a collection of current and accessible information resources, and by providing excellent services that support instruction, scholarship, and learning.
Students and faculty will find an excellent collection of information resources including physical books, journals, and media as well as hundreds of thousands of primary and current digital resources which are discoverable through the Library’s web pages. Special collections include the Pacific Islands Research Room and the University Archives. The Library offers both individual and collaborative study areas. Many of the study areas are equipped with technology tools to support research and other scholarly pursuits.
Library services are another important resource for students and faculty. Services include information and research support, library instruction, use of the Academic Multimedia Lab, circulation of reserve and other library materials, and interlibrary loan. Also located within the Library building is the Media Scheduling Services Department, which circulates laptops and other equipment to students and faculty.