(COMM 430) Media Law and Ethics
This course introduces students to the study of legal and ethical issues in the media. Students will develop an understanding and appreciation of these issues and the ability to analyze the important legal and ethical issues involved with the mass media industry.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Understand the historical, theoretical, legal and societal contexts within which media personnel work.
- Practice communication within legal boundaries.
- Exhibit standards of professional behavior.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the ethical issues.
- Gain competence in research and information gathering.
- Develop critical analytical skills for legal and moral reasoning.