(MUSC 385) Music History II: 1750 to 1900
The history of Western art music with emphasis on analysis and the interconnection of music with religion, philosophy, and economics from 1750 to 1900.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discern relationships across sections, whole pieces, and composers.
- Begin to recognize musical styles across Classical Romantic and early Twentieth-century periods.
- Develop an awareness of internationally known performers.
- Use technology to express your own understanding.
- Learn how to articulate musical judgment and values.