Music History II: 1750 to 1900 (MUSC 385)
The history of Western art music with emphasis on analysis and the interconnection of music with religion, philosophy, and economics from 1750 to 1900.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discern relationships across sections, whole pieces, and composers.
- Begin to recognize musical styles across Classical Romantic and early Twentieth-century periods.
- Develop an awareness of internationally known performers.
- Use technology to express your own understanding.
- Learn how to articulate musical judgment and values.