(HEC 162) Principles of Clothing Construction
Application of construction principles using commercial patterns; selection, use, and care of equipment; and selection of textiles. Construction of garments and mini-projects reflecting a wide range of sewing techniques. Fee required.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
- Students will understand a variety of sewing terms.
- Students will be able to recognize a variety of fabrics and the suitability of their use in various projects.
- Students will know how to operate both a sewing machine and serger.
- Students will be able to choose, layout, and cut a pattern.
- Students will gain the skills necessary to construct a clothing item of their choice.
- Students will be confident in their ability to try new things and develop their creative skills.