Small Business and Entrepreneurship Minor
Hours - 18 Credit Hours
Effective Sep. 2017
Last Revision 9/19/2022
Holokai Category: Professional Studies
Sponsoring Program: Entrepreneurship
Faculty Unit Assignment: Faculty of Business & Government
Core Requirements — 15 Credits
|Course Number||Title||Semesters Offered||Credit Hours||Prerequisites|
|ENTR 180||The Cycle of Cash||F, W, S||2.0|
|ENTR 283||Small Business Creation||F, W, S||3.0||Pre or corequisite: ENTR 180|
|ENTR 383||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||F, W, S||3.0||Pre or corequisite: ENTR 180|
|ENTR 375R||Entrepreneurship Lecture Series||F, W, S||1.0|
|ENTR 483||Entrepreneurial Management||F, W, S||3.0||ENTR 283|
|ENTR 499||Cash and Valuation||W, S||3.0||ENTR 483|
Elective Coursework — 3 Credits
|Course Number||Title||Semesters Offered||Credit Hours||Prerequisite|
|ENTR 275||Entrepreneurship Leadership Training||F, W, S||1.0|
|ENTR 285||Introduction to Digital Marketing||F, W, S||3.0|
|ENTR 373||Creative Video Marketing||F, W, S||3.0|
|ENTR 380||Social Entrepreneurship||F, W, S||3.0|
|ENTR 390R||Special Topics in Entrepreneurship||F, W, S||1.0 - 3.0|
|ENTR 401R||Leadership Practicum||Variable||1.0||Permission of instructor|
|ENTR 485||Advanced Digital Marketing||F, W, S||3.0||ENTR 285|
Additional Program Requirements
All passing grades will be accepted in fulfilling minor or certificate requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this minor, students will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of fundamental areas of business.
- Have a knowledge of international business basics.
- Have a knowledge of intercultural understanding fundamentals.
- Be able to prepare entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial business plan.
- Be able to solve problems.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead.
- Demonstrate commitment to service-mindedness.
- Demonstrate commitment to ethical behavior.