(ENTR 283) Small Business Creation
Introduction to small business creation, including: fundamentals of sales and capital. Uses mentors and case studies. Learn traits and practices of entrepreneurs and small business owners, managerial processes used to identify, establish, and operate a new business, and/or purchase an existing business, including elements of business plan modeling.
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Pre or corequisites||ENTR 180|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
With the successful completion of course requirements, the student will be able to do the following:
- Effectively recruit prospective customers for business model validation experiments.
- Design and execute business model validation experiments like demand testing, customer interviewing, etc.
- Conduct interviews to understand the emotional perspective of a customer.
- Use information from business validation experiments to devise and iterate possible solutions to a customer's problems.
- Assess the financial viability of a solution.
- Describe a validation journey and understanding of the process.