Hours - 15 Credit Hours
Effective Sep 2021
Last Revised 9/19/2022
Holokai Category: Arts & Humanities
Sponsoring Program: Integrated Humanities
Faculty Unit Assignment: Faculty of Culture, Language & Performing Arts
Requirements — 3 Credits
Electives - 12 Credits
Choose four of the following
SPAN 445R may be repeated for the minor as long as each section taken is on a different topic. The same topic may not be repeated for credit.
|Course Number||Title||Semester Offered||Credit Hours||Prerequisites|
|SPAN 393||Business Spanish||S||3.0||SPAN 202 or permission of instructor|
|SPAN 441||Survey of Spanish Literature||W||3.0||SPAN 321 or permission of instructor|
|SPAN 445R||Special Studies in Spanish||W, S||3.0||SPAN 321 or permission of instructor|
|SPAN 451||Survey of Latin-American Literature||F||3.0||SPAN 321 or permission of instructor|
Additional Program Requirements
Note: Returned missionaries from Spanish-speaking regions are encouraged to take SPAN 321 or other 300-400 courses.
All passing grades will be accepted in fulfilling minor or certificate requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing a major in integrated humanities, students will:
- Acquire a meaningful degree of cultural literacy they can employ effectively in everyday life.
- Become astute observers, interpreters, and critical thinkers.
- Integrate a range of critical perspectives on a variety of diverse cultural expressions.
- Understand and manage cultural differences.
- Be prepared to enter graduate school and the workplace.