(TESOL 330) Teaching English to Young Learners
Issues and practices of teaching ESL/FL to very young learners, including developmental psychology, age-appropriate languages tasks and assessment procedures and classroom management.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Pre or corequisite||TESOL 310|
TESOL 330 introduces theories and teaching practices in child language acquisition. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify examples of cognitive, physical and emotional development in children.
- Plan developmentally appropriate language instruction.
- Implement a variety of teaching methods and techniques designed for young learners.
- Develop age-appropriate assessment tools for listening, speaking, reading and/or writing.
- Outline effective classroom management strategies.