(COMM 301) The Internet and Society
Explores the digital revolution and changes in society. Examines unique qualities of new media and an array of topics, including virtual communities and identity, game worlds, and privacy and governance.
1. Understand historical and theoretical contexts of new media.
2. Gain research skills.
3. Practice communication legally and ethically.
4. Gain critical thought for analytical and moral reasoning, competence in researching and gathering information.
5. Articulate and sustain views through verbal and written discourse.
6. Exhibit professional standards.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical issues.