The Teachings and Doctrine of the Book of Mormon (REL 275)
This course focuses on doctrine and themes found throughout the writings, teachings, and sermons of the Book of Mormon. Emphasis is given to prophetic witnesses of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. This course builds upon students’ previous sequential and topical gospel study experiences.
|Credit Hours||2.0 Lecture|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
Upon completion of the course, the student will:
- Have knowledge about and understanding of the doctrine and themes found throughout the writings, teachings, and sermons of the Book of Mormon, especially the prophetic witnesses of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Be better able to ask meaningful questions to read texts closely and in light of historical context and current prophetic teachings.
- Be better able to reflect for personal application.
- Be better able to use good evidence and reasoning to teach and help others.
- Be more deeply converted to the Lord Jesus Christ (this outcome not evaluated on an individual basis).