(HTM 230) Tourism Geography and Travel
Online course focused on the geography of the world through the lens of tourism and travel. A study of destinations, history, culture, attractions, people and impacts.
|Credit Hours||1.0 Online|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, Spring|
1. Apply general business principles and practices to the unique nature and needs of the hospitality and tourism industry.
2. Lead other team members toward the successful accomplishment of a task, project, or organizational goal.
3. Effectively solve business problems by applying critical thinking and utilizing qualitative and quantitative tools.
4. Develop a mastery of relevant technologies and systems and their application toward organizational productivity and innovation.
5. Understand and demonstrate how to produce a high level of service quality in hospitality and tourism setting.
6. Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in the context of a rapidly evolving hospitality and tourism industry.
7. Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in work habits, communications, appearance, and interactions with colleagues and customers.
8. Compete successfully for career opportunities and internal advancement within hospitality and tourism organization.
9. Integrate a hospitality and tourism career into a well-rounded, moral, productive, and satisfying life.