(ART 265) Beginning Sculpture
To explore the language and various definitions of forms through a myriad of materials utilized in the visual arts. Fee required. (Due to limited availability, only art majors may register online)
|Credit Hours||3.0 Lecture|
|Programs||Art Education (BA), Minor in Sculpture, Visual Arts (BA), Visual Arts (BFA), Visual Arts Minor|
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Learn the basic skills and techniques involved in working with clay.
- Learn to use the elements of design as they apply to three-dimensional art.
- Build your ability to conceptualize and visualize objects in three dimensions .
- Begin to use these skills and techniques to create sculptural art pieces.
- Learn the bones, muscles, and proportions of the human body.