(ART 336) Art Methods for Elementary Teachers
Materials and procedures for stimulating and guiding students through the various art experiences. Emphasis will be placed on the theory of art education, creative projects, effective teaching methods, and art curriculum.
|Credit Hours||1.0 Lecture|
1. Understand the relationship between children's art and their mental and emotional growth.
2. Recognize the value of the creative process rather than procedures or a finished product.
3. Gain knowledge and experience in a variety of creative projects that can be used in the school situation.
4. Accumulate a booklet of lesson plans with samples and creative ideas to help begin your career.
5. Understand the DBAE and NAEA core standards and disciplines to each classroom